Friday, March 13, 2009

Guess Who's Pregnant?


Now don't get excited . . .It's certainly not me! *giggle* It's merely an April Fools joke.
April Fools Day is coming soon and I had a very specific challenge for an April Fools Day themed card including this spinner technique. I also took some inspiration from the TCP challenge posted Tuesday which was to use lt. pink, lt. yellow, lt. blue and a shade of brown. I don't often get to make baby themed cards, but I love to! So I took off on that idea with a little twist . . .tee hee.

These spinner cards are not too hard to make and are tons of fun for the creator and the recipient. You can find a great step-by-step tutorial here on Splitcoaststampers. I did change it up a little with my wavy spinner track - leave it to me to make things more difficult!
For the rest of this card I used textured cardstock & a little K & Co. patterned paper, which I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder for some added texture. The image is a stamp from H & M stamps, which I heat-embossed then watercolored with my Zig pigment ink markers and some pastel chalk pencils. Her head and belly are popped up with a little foam tape to make them 3-dimensional. I used my nesties, of course, for the ovals and the sentiment is computer generated.
I also stamped the "Oh Baby!" sentiment/design with a clear embossing pad and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder to create a wonderful background pattern on the inside of the card. I machine-stitched both the outside & inside of this card with decorative stitching in two different colors.
I hope it gives y'all a little chuckle today, after all,
"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." - Victor Hugo

So . . . let me know what y'all think!
Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya

2 comments:

  1. WOW- just STUNNING looking card... all those details and elements; the sticthing and the wavy spinner element was enough to blow me away; you used thos colors very nicely and image is colored and detailed to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning - I love the spinner and the colouring is jsut perfect

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic