Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You gotta believe . . .

I made this card for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge this week. I think I let a little wishful thinking influence my design. The temperature has been in the 70's for the past couple of days . . . I feel Spring is on its way!!! These papers and colors felt so energizing and uplifting, so I thought a wonderfully inspirational phrase should be the focal point . . .

I basically hand cut & paper pieced most of the card, then machine-stitched all over with different thread colors and decorative stitches. The quote is computer generated , and I used nestabilities for the scalloped circles. There is lots of pretty bling -thanks to some Stickles and rhinestones- although the photos don't show it too much.

Have a great day!

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sonya, the spring feel of your card is fab, I love the sentiment you used. joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so happy it made me smile. Delicious papers ... and the inside is just as gorgeous as front - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonya
    I think is my 1st visit here... love your name's blog also the penguin too.
    Beautiful Blog.
    Great card, love butterflies. Look amazing.
    Sonia (Sony) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - gorgeous colours x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic