Thursday, March 19, 2009

Heartfelt thanks to our troops . . .

This is a special card made to thank our brave and honorable servicemen.
I took inspiration from two SCS challenges this week- first, the ribbon framing technique - what an easy process and such a gorgeous result! - I think it suited this card perfectly. Second, the sketch challenge - this layout worked wonderfully with these patriotic patterned papers (say that 3X fast! :P). They are by simplememories & I've had them stashed for probably a year now, just waiting for this day to come. I layered them with a mirror-like silver metallic cardstock - Super Shiny - I love it!


My main image is a stamp from ClearDollarStamps and the sentiment is Inkadinkado, both are hand-stamped and heat embossed. Then I machine-stitched a border with denim thread & added these beautiful brads from makingmemories, pricey but so worth it!
Just a tiny way to say thanks for all that they do.
Let me know what you think?!
Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic