Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A shopaholic's birthday . . .


This is my 1st official post . . . HURRAY! I am so excited to be sharing with you and hope you visit often. Welcome!!!

My girlfriend & co-worker, Chandler, turned 20 on Saturday!!! Oh, to be sooo young again! *shakes head to wake up from daydream*
I knew she liked polka dots and she showed me two pretty dresses that she bought in the last couple weeks, soooo I thought this "shop-a-holic" theme was perfect for her birthday card. My second inspiration came from the weekly card sketch on SCS.

I created this little masterpiece for her with lots of textured cardstock layers, a stamp by Inkadinkado, prima mulberry flowers, glitter glue and my handy dandy sewing machine! The sash on the dress, "Ooh-la-la" perfume bottle & gorgeous pink pump were all coated with glossy accents to make them super shiny! The focal points (dress,shoe,perfume) are all raised with pop dots, of course, 'cuz who wants a flat card?!? *giggle* . . . I sure hope she loves it!


"Live your life and forget your age." - Frank Bering

Keep smiling! ~ Sonya

1 comment:

  1. Amazing card... love the details. Great job Sonya. Love it!!!

    Sonia :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic