Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Patrice!

This card was made for my friends Mom, Patrice, who just celebrated her 50th birthday. . . You go girl!!! I was told that she likes nautical things and this pretty sage green color, so off I went. I got a little inspiration from one of my favorite card artists, Kim at Paper in the Works. If you haven't already, you must check out her work!

The stamps are by Inkadinkado & the lighthouse is 3-dimensional using the paper tole technique. It has been mounted over a sponged sky & an embossed ocean, both inked with Martha Stewart inkpads. I used my Nestabilities Ovals for the focal base, which I thought softened all of the straight edges a little. I also added a little Swarovski nautical charm for the finishing touch!

These beautiful designer papers are from K & Co. and they are layered with textured cardstock and decoratively stitched with my sewing machine. The images were all heat embossed with clear embossing powder for that shiny professional finish. Of course, I couldn't resist stamping and stitching the matching envelope as well.

I hope she loves it . . . tell me what you think!

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya

1 comment:

  1. Sonia:
    Another thing i love, lighthouse... great job! Love the colors!!! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic