Sunday, October 4, 2009

PEC #34

I made this card for my girlfriend & co-worker, Colleen, who is expecting a baby girl in a few months. All together now - aaawwww - who doesn't love a baby, or making cards for one. So this is my card and submission for The Pink Elephant challenge this week which is a recipe challenge: Something with dots, a punch & a tag!

This is a fairly simple card to make and I think it turns out just adorable, so give it a try and show me your results! I cut out the little dress with the cute polka dot/flower pattern from my Glitter Stack by DCWV and the apron out of vellum. I used my handy dandy sewing machine - thread free - to create the pierced pattern then connected the holes with a white colored pencil for the smocked effect. The lace pattern at the bottom was made with a Martha Stewart punch and a yellow grosgrain ribbon simply tied around the waist.

The tag was handcut and stamped with a tiny sentiment and flourish by Inkadinkado stamps, then tied to the ribbon and attached to the card w/ foam tape. The adorable scalloped collar was made with my scalloped heart nestabilitie, just pierce the holes and cut with a circle punch! A small lilac half pearl adds the finishing touch :)

Her baby shower is this weekend and I am hoping to squeeze in a handmade "diaper cake" before then, it'll be my first attempt at making one so wish me luck :) Hopefully I can take some pix and show you that too!

Keep posted . . . and Keep Smiling!

~Sonya~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic