Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MMSC19 - fall tractor

Feeling the days cool off a little and settling into the new school routine has finally made it feel like fall here . . . sometimes the change of season eludes us southerners (one small thing I miss about NY). Soooo I decided to use the autumn theme for my submission at this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Our monthly/weekly sponsors are contributing some great stuff that you could win, so don't wait to check it out! If your addicted to stash -like me!- you'll want to click on their logos below and start shopping right away!



For my card this week, I used my Green Stack by DCWV - once again - love, love, love this paper! I colored my hand-stamped tractor image with colored pencils and sponged the background w/Martha Stewart inks. My tractor image is layered and made 3-dimensional with foam tape and the puffs of smoke have been cut out to achieve the "out of the box" effect (or in this case "out of the oval" - hee hee).

My cute pewter barn charm is by Karen Foster Design and I matched the brads by Making Memories. I adore these little leaf buttons and laced them with twine, which kinda represented the farmer's haybales for me. Lots of stitching inside & out in 3 different colors kept my sewing machine quite busy and I even stamped some teeny tiny chicks by Clear Dollar Stamps on the inside for a final touch! Aren't they adorable?

















Check out what the rest of the design team came up with, then get to work creating your own masterpiece:

7 comments:

  1. Sonya, what a lovely autumn card. I really like the tractor, the barn, the layering, the rounded corners and your perfect sewing. This card is just lovely through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. I love the inside too! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful inside and out Sonya!! Love the colors and the tractor!! Great sewing too!! Great job on this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Soyna, it is so good to have your style cards back with us. Love all the layering :)

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Sonya, love all the colors and extras on this card. Very cute and wonderfully done. Love those chicks on the inside too in yellow ink - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely DP and pretty stitches. Very cute card!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, So, cute. I agree with you on those leaf buttons. They are very sweet. I adore all that stitching too, it really makes your card very special.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic