Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hello!

Who can resist this adorable paper by DCWV's Green Stack? Not me! *grin* I love all of it! The only problem is I don't want to cut any of it!!! *chuckle* Am I the only one that feels this way?

In between doctor, orthodontist & dentist appts. all week (yes - after only 2 weeks of school kids are already sick - grrrr!) I actually had time to make another card!!! I went out on a limb (pun definitely intended - heehee) and cut these two coordinating sheets from my treasured Green Stack, then layered them with some American Crafts textured black CS and shiny metallic green CS by Best Occasions. I stitched everything together with my trusty sewing machine and a pretty decorative leaf stitch. The ribbon is by American Crafts too!

The hand-stamped image is part of a super versatile set by hampton art called Owl Garden and the sentiment is by Inkadinkado. My inks are all Martha Stewart, I used a little Stickles on some of the leaves and Nestabilities for my diecut circles. Leaving the nesties circle on, I barely touched the watercolor paper background with my inkpad to give a hint of blue sky and leave a nice crisp border. I think it all came together perfectly, a sweet simple card just to say hello :) Let me know what you think?

Keep Smiling!

~Sonya~

2 comments:

  1. Sonya, the green shiny paper is awesome. I love your stitching and these cute owls on this paper. So sweet. And yes, the very first week of school here, most everyone got sick with the flu. It was on the Jacksonville Florida news about it there were so many kids home sick. I find every year all through the summer the kids never get sick, send them to school and it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card.. looks like sonya got her groove back..LOL I just love your work :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic