Thursday, April 30, 2009

CDS guest designer???

I sure hope so, I've got my fingers crossed! This card was made for the guest designer challenge at ClearDollarStamps. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of their stamps but I do LOVE them - especially Charlie Horse :) The colors were inspired by my rose bushes that I photographed earlier this week.

The only requirement for this challenge was to have something that dangles on your project. Hmmmm?! I sorted through charms and beads and had so many ideas but nothing that really coordinated with any of the CD stamps that I already own.

Sooooo I decided to make the stamp dangle! The stamp set is called "Blooming with Happiness" and is retiring soon, so grab yours now! With a little help from my nesties, I made this window card and a double sided "charm" that dangles from a sparkly elastic cord. It has been stamped with ColorBox fluid chalk ink, then detailed with Glossy Accents (to give the petals some super shine) & clear glass beads (to accent the flower center). The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed on a hand-cut ribbon-like tag, then accented with coordinating rhinestones - which I used to embellish my pretty DP by K & Co. as well. Lots of sparkle & shine - just how I like it!!! The ribbon is from American Crafts.

I would be so stoked if I won this spot, as it would be my first chance to design for one of the stamp companies that I love, it would challenge my creativity, and of course, don't forget the free stamps! *giggle*


Wish me luck & let me know what you think!
Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya

4 comments:

  1. Very, very nice Sonya! This is so pretty! Best of luck to you! I hope you get the guest spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Sonya! I hope you get the spot too. I love those kinds of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonya, I'm crossing my fingers for you. I had hoped to enter a card but time slipped away from me. Your card is stunning and worthy of being the winner!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Sonya...oh and the Midnight Madness logo ROCKS with your background wallpaper!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
My Favorite Color Says I'm Happy . . .
Blissful --- Content --- Romantic
Idealistic --- Expressive --- Artistic
Funny --- Quirky --- Individualistic